Spring is the time many homeowners take a hard look at their homes and decide what type of investment they want to make towards improving the look and feel of their house. It’s a good idea to think about the value of your home, even though you may not be selling it any time soon. According to the National Association of Realtors, exterior remodeling projects are one of the most valuable home improvement projects one can invest in.
So if you’re looking to improve your home’s curb appeal, here are a few exterior remodeling projects to consider.
- New Vinyl Siding. Vinyl is a sturdy, weather-resistant material that almost all homes have these days. However, the wrong color or a poor installation job from a previous contractor could depreciate your home’s value. New siding will make your home stand out from the rest on the block.
- Roofing Installation. Although this exterior remodeling project may take longer than others (depending on what needs to be done), the investment is well worth it. Not only will you increase the value of your home, but you’ll also benefit from spending less on energy bills every month. A professionally installed roof will help regulate your home’s internal temperature throughout the year.
- Replacing Windows. This exterior remodeling project is often overlooked compared to siding and roofing repairs. Just like replacing roof shingles, replacing windows can help you save energy. Be sure to hire a professional remodeling contractor for this type of job, as it can be tricky and measurements must be exact.
- Installing New Doors. The entrance to your home is an important feature that should catch the attention of those who visit your place. For those who forgot to remove their screen door for the winter, contractors such as Bay State Exteriors can easily replace those with a more robust brand.
- Fixing Gutters & Downspouts. Another often overlooked exterior home project, replacing or fixing your gutters and downspouts as soon as the snow thaws is crucial to preventing drainage problems down the road. As soon as the spring rain sets in here in Massachusetts, you’re going to want the best drainage possible to prevent basement leaks and yard erosion due to runoff.
Thinking about making a worthwhile home improvement investment? Contact Bay State Exteriors today for a free estimate on any exterior project you’ve set your sights on.