Your front door is what welcomes people into your home; it should pull together the rest of the exterior elements such as your siding, landscape and roof. If you are looking to improve the appearance of your home, a new door is a great investment.
Below are a few door types and styles to choose from.
- Wood Doors. A popular choice among homeowners, a timber door is a great option because the materials can be locally sourced and quickly made by a carpenter.
- Battened & Ledged Doors. Although these are more commonly an interior door, battened doors are one of the simplest forms of doors there are. They consist of vertical wooden planks, or battens, and then three plants are placed horizontally for support.
- Paneled Doors. The majority of homes have paneled exterior doors because of it’s timeless look. Paneled doors are made of wood and a variety of designs can be made on the panels.
- Glass Doors. Glass can be used for paneled doors, however there are some instances where a full glass door can be beneficial. Homeowners who want an unobstructed view to their backyard should opt for a glass door. Note that these doors are generally more heavy and may require more maintenance.
- Fiber Reinforced Plastic Doors. These doors are built to last and are one of the best options for exterior doors because of their durability. FRP doors come in many colors and finishes, which is why homeowners choose this type.